Sunday, January 1, 2012

12 Months?

My last blog post was in January!!  That was January from a frickin' year ago.  What the heck happened?  Was there some sort of time warp that made me miss the last 11 months?


No...it was just the usual thing.  Life got in the way.  Or, to be more specific - teenagers, work, friends, and housework got in the way.  Sheesh.


I used to love to blog.  I made so many friends from keeping an online journal (yes, Andi, I'm talking about YOU!).  So why would I slack off from something I enjoyed so much?  Pure laziness.  Just call me Queen Procrastinator.  


A year ago, I was freshly starting a new Weight Watchers diet.  To everyone's surprise (mostly mine), I stuck with it.  I'm proud to say that I waddle just a little bit less when I walk nowadays.  I lost 47 pounds...and gained back 8 of 'em.  So here I am, new year, but same resolution.  I'm back to tracking my points.  Hopefully, I can get that Wii Fit Bitch to stop groaning and saying "That's Oh-beeese!" when she weighs me every morning. 


I made some other small but surprising changes, too.


For the first time in my 43 years of slovenly living, I decided to start making my bed.  Like, every morning.  Sure, when I have a pretty girl sleeping in it, I decide to wait to make the bed until she finally wakes up for the day, but once my four-legged girlfriend finally stretches, purrs, and crawls out of bed to head for the litter box, I spend a minute or so making the bed look gorgeous.  I'm at 27 days in a row.  There is hope for my fellow slob-sisters everywhere!


One of the highlights of my year was having my dear friends, Michelle and Jim (and their daughter, Tessa) come to visit from Philadelphia.  It was a week of lots of food, a bit of sight-seeing, a few Yu-Gi-Oh/Magic card games, and lots of "I want to see Marvin the Martian!" comments from the little one.  


In the middle of the year, my work clientele practically exploded.  I went from having two offices (8 doctors) to having six offices (21 doctors!).  I've had to hire several more workers and things are going great.  My mortgage company probably has a heart attack every month when I actually pay a couple of hundred bucks extra on the house payment.  


Most surprising of all was that I gave up Facebook.  The changes they made in September or so were just so damn annoying and I hated wasting my time trying to maneuver the site to read what my friends wrote.  Try as I might to get friends to join Google+ (which seems to work just exactly the way Social Media should), very few would make the leap.  The irony is that everyone said "I don't want to go to Google+ because nobody is there"...but nobody is there because nobody wants to go there until other people are there.  Hmmph.  I was recently coerced into coming back to Facebook...but just on a limited basis.  Basically, I have time to make a quick post and glance to see if anyone has written anything interesting.  But I refuse to jump hurdles to read posts, so basically, I'm becoming a "status updater" instead of a "commenter."  I guess if my friends want me to read their updates, they'll have to post on Google+ where it is easy to read.  It sucks, but I only have so much time to goof off and FB just makes it too hard to get to the good stuff.


Anyway...we're back to a new year and that means hopefully updating this old blog more than once every 12 months.  









2 comments:

  1. Imagine my surprise when I saw there were two posts here! I squealed and my mouth fell open just like the silly fangirl I yam.

    I miss blogging, too. I miss that lost year of AOL-J, when we first all met and it was all so friggin' new and exciting and we WANTED TO MEET/READ EVERYBODY WE COULD. I loved trying to foster that sense of community.

    Whut hoppened?

    I think my last post was over a year ago, can't remember. How terrible is that? Unhinged used to be MY PERSONA. Now it's just a memory.

    It'd be great to start writing again and I always mean to, but I never seem to. Gah!

    Whut hoppened?

    Congrats on sticking with WW. Big congrats! And I'm so glad biz is booming for you, because you truly deserve it, DiAnne.

    Mwah and Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Andi...(and I'm saying this in my best Dorothy Gale voice), "I've missed you most of all!"

    I miss the companionship that we had with the AOL journals. It was my "Facebook" before there was a Facebook. It made virtual strangers into real-life friends. I miss that.

    I miss your blog, too. I noticed that you took the comments off. I remember talking with you about that a long time ago. I think the lack of comments is the reason I haven't been able to get back into the swing of blogging. I need feedback! Since nobody was reading my blog, nobody was commenting and that made me stop writing, which meant that I certainly wasn't gonna get more readers...nice little system for failure.

    So now, I'll write. If only two people in the world see it, that's okay. Right now, everything I post is so damn boring and that's simply because I'm out of practice. But I'll get my mojo back. For now, bear with the boring.

    ReplyDelete