Thursday, January 1, 2009

I'm Making a List and Checking It Twice...

I'm Making a List and Checking It Twice...

Yeah, yeah. I know. Christmas is over, so why am I singing Christmas carols?

Well, the obvious answer is because I love to sing Christmas carols. You can hear "Oh Holy Night" bellowing from the top of my lungs 12 months of the year. Well, the first two lines, anyway. I can't remember the rest of the words, so I just keep repeating the intro ad nauseum.

But there's a different reason for the title of this entry.

New Year's is, after all, the perfect time for lists. Specifically, for lists of resolutions.

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours.


DiAnne's Resolutions for 2009:
  1. Blog at least once a week. Daily is better, but weekly is more in tune with my severe free-time shortage. Don't let the fact that nobody actually reads this blog (let alone that nobody other than Unhinged and Beth make comments) deter my resolve. I need to write for me, not for the people who are(n't) reading.
  2. Cut down on eating out. I'm just so damn lazy. When Mom hasn't already planned a meal, I immediately pipe up and insist we hit Burger King for some artery-clogging cholesterol-in-a-bun. The thing is, I don't even love the taste of fast food. It's just "easy." All it takes is a little planning ahead so we're not scratching our heads at 4 p.m. hunting for a quickie meal to stifle the grumbellies. I even have a deal where Mommie Dearest is willing to do most of the cooking. She just wants suggestions of what to cook. It sounds like weekly menus need to become a habit.
  3. Be more diligent about my work schedule. Right now, it seems as if I spend a good 15 hours a day pecking away at the keyboard. But how much of that is spent actually working? After seeing how fast my inexperienced mom was able to whip out her batch of work yesterday and today while I barely got started on mine, obviously I need to become more focused. Anyone got any Ritalin they wanna share?
  4. This little piggy will go "Wii, Wii, Wii" all the way home. That's right, I'm gonna push the coffee table outta the way and hula hoop my heart out on Wii Fit. I'm gonna plan for every other day, but I'll settle for twice a week (which is two days more a week than I'm doing now).

Geez, that's it? I could only come up with four things? That should make it easier to stick to 'em.

Tonight, I work. Tomorrow, I wiggle my ass to an imaginary hula hoop and eat leftover sauerkraut and pork instead of porking out at McDonald's. And since I just blogged about these plans, that means I've hit all four resolutions on the first day. Yay! Only 364 more to go.





5 comments:

  1. Hah! People at work have often caught me humming Silent Night and some other danged song I can't remember right now...I don't even realize I'm humming until I get a look. Friggen embarrassing.

    I'm not sure if I want to make a list of New Year's Resolutions. I never seem to keep them...

    That said? Good luck. (Holy cow, you might as well have said you're going to climb Mt. Everest.)

    Oh, oops. Not helping.

    You can do it, you know. I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humming? I scoff at your humming. Humming is for wimps. When it comes to Christmas carols in April, you gotta be loud and proud. Remember, volume makes up for lack of singing ability.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be VERY glad you don't live with her. Mom's "singing" can be more qualified as "screeching". And she rarely knows the lyrics so she makes up her own. Personalization and volume is her formula for a song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My comments....
    1. Good!
    2. but, I love Whopper Jr. with cheese.
    3. You mean I am inspiring you?
    4. Better you than me.

    Oh, and the worse my hearing gets, the better you sound!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good day, sun shines!
    There have were times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
    I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
    Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I begin to get real income.
    It's all about how to select a proper partner who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, and shares the profit with me.

    You may get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
    http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

    ReplyDelete