Thursday, May 8, 2008

It Must Be That Time of the Month

No frickin' way.

It cannot possibly have been a month since I last posted. What the hell?

Yeah, yeah. I have the excuse of "too much work" and "I was busy" and "the house needed cleaned" and anything else I can think of, but none of the excuses are valid. Sometimes, I sit here and think "Oh, I wanna post a new entry" but as soon as I click onto Firefox so I can write the entry...well, some stupid article on my Google homepage will interest me and off I go into Cyber Land.

Then, of course, so much time has gone by that I feel ridiculous posting an entry talking about Heather's Winter Formal, especially since we're halfway through spring.

As if that weren't enough, I find myself avoiding my blogging friends. I see that my favorite little nutcase in Los Angeles has (gasp!) 7 blog entries which I haven't even read yet. Why? Because I feel guilty reading her stuff when I don't take the time to do mine.

Also, after posting my last entry, a long, lost friend from AOL Journals wrote to me to say hi. I was beyond thrilled to get her email. I couldn't wait to write back. Just let me finish typing this one document and then I'll respond. I've typed probably a thousand documents since then and still haven't written. And now I feel guilty for leaving her hanging.

So ya know what? Tomorrow I'm going to ignore the doctor and his big dic. I'm going to bypass Google News (all the news that is too mediocre to print). And I'm gong to let the laundry wrinkle in the dryer long after it has buzzed. (Umm, well, admittedly, I ALWAYS do that, so I can't use that as an excuse.) Tomorrow, I write an entry. And if it has to do with a Winter Formal, we'll just pretend that the white fluffy stuff blowing in the breeze outside my window is snow rather than the pretty petals dropping from my cherry tree.


1 comment:

  1. It's tomorrow! It's tomorrow!

    And HEY. You don't have to avoid me just because you don't write blog entries, woman. Dang it.

    Every once in a while, an AOL pal will drop by and share their link and go and read them. But I can't comment because my signon doesn't work anymore--it was stillunhinged. And now whatever I choose, it's followed by numbers and had caps and little letters in it. Makes me mad.

    So you can post about Heather's formal, but don't forget to bring us up to speed on how you're doing, too.

    Coo?

    ReplyDelete