Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Silly Rabbit, Trix Are For Kids!

It's a grand tradition in my household to try to out-trick each other on April first.

This year, I won.

You see, I'm a geek. A nerd. An gadget guru.

I'm also sneaky.

There is this handy little feature that is employed via Microsoft Word called "auto correct" which lets you type an abbreviation and have the entire phrase typed out (for instance, I could set it so it would type "still MT Headed" every time I typed "smth" if I chose).

I recently discovered that these same "auto correct" entries also work in Microsoft Outlook, which is the email program we all use.

So, sneaky little DiAnne decided to change Mom's Outlook entries so that every time she typed the words "the" or "and" or "I" it would spit out a lovely little message from me.

The email on the left is what it SHOULD have looked like. The email on the right is what showed up. She was quite confused, to say the least.




Can you imagine doing this to everyone in your entire office? Mwahhahaha!! I'm evil, I tell ya!

1 comment:

  1. This is TOO good. I wish I COULD do this on a co-worker or two's computer...but we're not allowed to do such things here. Security and all.

    sigh

    'Bout time you blogged again, dang it.

    ReplyDelete